Countdown to College!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ya, I know....

(Keep in mind, my best friend is a VanAtta, so I've already heard too much about how this is a horrible idea and I shouldn't let it happen and...)

It is crazy not to have Prom or graduation in the yearbook, but honestly, it's not my choice.

Our adviser made that decision and I have virtually no say in it. I get both sides of it. I'd love to have prom and graduation in it. They are two of the biggest events of the year. However, we will acknowledge it (thoughts, plans, expectations, etc). PLUS those layouts are always the worst: there's no way to get everyone involved in them on the page and the pictures are always bad. The real stories and memories are never in the yearbook anyway- everyone remembers something different and do you really need pictures of other people you didn't really know to remind you about your senior prom or your graduation?

This way, we'll have our yearbooks before we graduate, so we can actually have people sign them. We might even do some pockets or empty spaces where people can add their own photos or something...we haven't quite worked that one out yet.


Sorry, I'm working on my explanation...I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to repeat that about a billion times and then put a disclaimer in the book or something lol

On a lighter note, my new phone should arrive any day now! I'm super excited, I've never had a cool phone before, only the cheap ones we get deals on, so it's a big step to be buying one for myself! I love having money. Jobs are good.

Speaking of which, I'm interviewing for a very part time position at Jeff's tomorrow morning. I can't work super often because i have a thousand other things happening, but I need something besides a relative on my resume.

Nothing else for today

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ah, yearbook. The first rule of yearbook is you can't please all the people all the time.

I like your acknolwedgement idea, with the ability to personalize. It would be kinda cool to do something at prom and graduation that involves completing those yearbook pages, like hand out souveniers specifically to put in the book or an instant photo booth or something.

You could even make that a theme of the book so that those two events don't stand out: Complete Yourself. Spaces for homecoming pictures or football tickets or programs or special handouts for events to paste in. It would be like a yearbook/scrapbook.