Countdown to College!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cuz Baby We'll be, At the Drive in!

Well time for some comic relief!

Back story: Yesterday, I went to volunteer at the fair to raise some money for Zion Lutheran School, and ran into a guy I met a few days back, one of my best friend's best friend. His name is Matt, but everyone calls him Matty, and we'll continue that for clarification.

So I ran over to him and said hi; he was on the phone with our mutual friend, Holly. So she invited me to go the drive in, which was sooo much fun. I'm definitely going to return there, but I had the hardest trouble finding it because Matty SUCKS at giving directions.

I finally found the drive in, and was 20 minutes late; luckily I had already seen the movie (The Dark Knight - worth seeing a billion times) but I didn't want to drive in front of everyone finding them, so I parked in back and met them at the concession stand.

Now, if spending half an hour lost driving around at night wasn't enough fun for you, just wait. We finally got down to Matty's car, and I went to jump up on the hood and Completely wiped out, like on my back. Nice Nicole.

A while later, I had to go to the bathroom...back up the hills! So I was walking up one of the hills, and wiped out again. Fell up the hill, rolled over, and laughed by myself for a solid minute before I realized I was probably pissing off the people in the car next to me, and probably looked like a major idiot rolling around on the ground. LOL!

It was such a beautiful night one minute, and the next BAM! Instant Crap. There was a tornado warning, and rain started pelting down so hard it stung when it hit the skin. So Matty and Abby (their, well our, other friend) pussied out and went home, so I was gonna drive my car down to Holly's family's van. WELL, god, I don't even know why I'm telling this story, but it's funny so: so the hills were pretty sloped and not very tall. Matt drove up a couple so I thought my car could drive down them. False. I started down the first, my car bottomed out. Ah Crap. It's pelting down needles and my car is stuck. I called Holly, so she came up and helped. Luckily, my car weighs a grand total of 20 pounds, so we had no trouble lifting the back end up and it rolled down just fine. After that, we were soaking wet and freezing, so we left half way through the second movie.

Oh man...good times.

Then today, Liz and I went swimming at an outdoor pool, so my shoulders are BRIGHT red. Nice. But I do have tan lines so that's exciting! :)

2 comments:

Ems said...

oh sure, skin cancer but no lines!

Nicole said...

I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it. LOL