Countdown to College!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well Then

So I found out today that my ex, Rily, has been talking to a friend of mine.

It shouldn't bother me, but it does. They met through me. They don't even really know each other. 

But still, they are going to go to a movie together with another couple friends of mine. Rily never ONCE went to a movie, not anything. We did things he wanted to do: snow boarding, hanging around at his house, family stuff, blah blah blah. All of it fun, but, well, only half of me. 

I think it's not so much that it's happening, but that I'm so bothered by it that hurts me. I shouldn't like him like that. He doesn't feel. He doesn't show love, he doesn't think about what I want to do, I don't think he knows what romance is. We tried and it definitely didn't work. 

But was it him, or was it me? Do I have some kind of ridiculous standards that no one can fill? I have broken up with pretty much all of the boys I've dated. Most of them had some serious flaws, but we're human. Who doesn't? I sure do.

Maybe since they were willing to give me a chance, I should have given them more of one?

Is that the lesson I'm supposed to have learned? Can I be happy for awhile now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, your standards are not too high. They should kiss the ground you walk on that YOU gave them even one chance. You are looking for a man and you are dating boys. That Christian man is out there - wait for him because he will be worth it.