Countdown to College!

Friday, June 26, 2009

It's Been Awhile

Well, I kinda forgot about this until I was cleaning out my bookmarks folder, which is a little sad. You'll be happy to know that the issue from that last post has been resolved. He realized how stupid he was and luckily his amazing girlfriend forgave him despite his extreme stupidity. We'll see how college tests them.

So, life was pretty damn good at first, and then I got sick. My throat was bothering me for months, but it was on and off. Then I started running a temp and my tonsils were the size of golfballs for two weeks, so they yanked em a week ago and I've been confined to the couch since. I'm sure it'll be good in the long run, but I'm feelin like complete shit right now.

Ummmm, JeriAnna is staying with us for the next weekish because Jake and Jonica decided to take a trip to Florida and didn't take her because she has summer school, so that's nice. It would normally be more fun for her, I think, but I'm sick and there for Aunt Nicole is no fun so the only upside for her is earning a few bucks helpin me watch Calvin and Malea. Dumb.
 
Really, I'm just excited for college. I really want to start. Move in August 19, classes start the 24th and I can't WAIT! Orientation was June 4-5 (I chose the earliest one to insure my classes) so I know my schedule for next year, and met a ton of really awesome people. Granted most of them were the upper level students who were just there to show us around, but at least my friends will already know what they're doing, right? =)

I'm taking an intro Journalism class at 8am required for all Jschool students, a Multi-media seminar, a FYS* called Space Matters, Honors Orientation, Astronomy, and Russian.
*the First Year Seminar is a requirement for all incoming first year students. There were 30? classes to pick one and rooming assignments are based on the class roster, SO I'm going to be on a floor with a bunch of nerds ;)

So, basically, I'm stoked beyond belief and the next month.5 can't move fast enough. I've already started packing stuff up.

Well, my sleep schedule is fucked due to sleeping all day, so it's just about my bedtime. 

2 comments:

Ems said...

Well at least you know you'll fit in with the people on your floor!

Nicole said...

Yeah, We'll all be nerdy and will have watched Star Wars in the last 6 months.
...Oh shit.