Countdown to College!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life is truely a bitch.

Nic Peterson died.
20 years old, riding on his motorcycle,
Dead.
That was like a bus hitting me.
Josh is in my class.
Watching him suffer through school today was god awful.
Seeing all of my big tough football guy friends cry,
My heart hurt after that.
Tomorrow is his memorial service.
Thats going to suck too.

Why do bad things have to happen to good people?
Nic was always nice.
He treated everyone like a friend.
He was this amazing kid with so much potential, but now, just gone.

I know everything is by His plan, but sometimes I wonder how this could ever be part of anything Divine?
Nic didn't deserve this.

-------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, for my devoted readers, two updates:

Prom and Grad WILL be in the yearbook. The deadline for the supplement that goes in the back is June 1st, so we'll hand out the books in May, and send out the supplements next Sept. Everything is good now.

Also, for my big sisters who worry, Steve is nothing serious, just another experience under my belt. --Everyone's got to have that musician type, right?-- I'm leaving for college in less than a year (getting closer every day). I know this. He knows this. We're just hanging out and having fun. And it's not just him. I've met some great people before him and through him. For once, I don't feel like a tag along. I'm Nicole. Their friend, not Liz's friend, not Danielle's friend, not Lew's little cousin, not someone who found out about the party and showed up even though they didn't really want her there, I'm Nicole. They invite me on purpose, not because they feel obligated.

It's nice to fell really wanted by a whole group of people. I'm not sure I've ever really had that before.

2 comments:

Ems said...

I want to thank you for insisting on going with Mom, and Liz, too, if you're reading this. I think it meant more to her than she is willing to say. And while there was lots of family there, she was going to be supportive of them, and I'm glad you insisted on going and being support to her.

Amanda said...

Re: last sentence.

That's a fantastic feeling, isn't it? I'm embarrassed to tell you the first time I had that feeling.